The 2015 Ford F150 will soon be rolling off the lines of Ford’s sprawling Dearborn, MI assembly plant. With its revolutionary, but more costly all-aluminum body and truck bed, it has been widely anticipated that Ford would be forced to increase prices to account for the higher production costs… Or at least, that’s what the industry “experts” told us. Fortunately, it turns out that price increases on the best-selling trim levels are not nearly as much as anticipated. On the other hand, buyers of the King Ranch and Platinum trim levels will see a price hike of more than $3,000.
Here’s the breakdown…
• XL work truck, $26,615, $395 increase. Standard with regular cab, rear-wheel drive, and 6.5′ truck bed.
• XLT, best-selling trim level, $31,890, $395 increase. Standard with regular cab, rear-wheel drive, 6.5′ truck bed.
• Lariat, premium trim level, $39,880, $895 increase. Standard with extended cab, rear-wheel drive, and 6.5′ truck bed.
• King Ranch, luxury trim level, $49,460, $3,515 increase.
• Platinum, luxury trim level, $52,155, $3,055 increase.
– Roll-N-Lock Truck Bed Covers
Photo Credit: Ford Motor Company